The Gene Targeting Facility offers all services associated with the production of conditional or knock-out mice from ES cells. The facility has generated chimeras from gene trap ES cells and targeted ES cells.
The GTF is located in a separate work area within the Animal Cell Culture Facility.
TC hood, NuAire
TC hood, Holten
CO2 incubator, SHEL LAB
(Currently restricted to IMBB users).
• Consultation (design of targeting vector, strategy and primers).
• DNA purification.
• Electroporation (R1 ES cells) picking and expanding clones.
• DNA extraction, Southern blot analysis of ES clones.
• Mycoplasma screening.
• Defrosting, expansion of positive ES clones preparation for blastocyst injection.
• Blastocyst injection of ES clones into blastocysts from C57BL/6 mice. Provided by the Transgenic Animal Facility.