- Protein concentration from dilute solutions (e.g. using ultrafiltration, salt precipitation etc.)
- Small scale (mg) to large scale (grams) protein purification of recombinant or native proteins using a variety of chromatographic techniques such as :
- Ion Exchange chromatography (IEX)
- Hydroxylapatite chromatography
- Phosphocellulose chromatography
- Hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC)
- Affinity chromatography (AC)
- Dye affinity chromatography
- DNA affinity chromatography:
Group Specific affinity chromatography e.g metal chelate affinity chromatography for His-tagged proteins, glutathione-sepharose resins for GST-tagged proteins, heparin-sepharose resins for lipoprotein lipases and DNA binding proteins, streptavidin-sepharose resins for biotinylated substances and biotin fusion proteins, amylose affinity purification for fusions with the maltose binding protein etc.
- Size exclusion chromatography (SEC)
- Reversed phase chromatography
- Preparation of injection material for animal immunization and purification of antibodies from serum.